East Caribbean Flour Mills

East Caribbean Flour Mills

The first of the companies to be established, East Caribbean Flour Mills (ECFM) began operating on 11 December 1977.

 

From inception, the plan was to use the best quality wheat available from North America to produce flour. This has resulted in Cream of the Islands, Nelson and CariGold brands for bakers’ flour which have been accepted throughout the Caribbean as the finest quality flour available. These brands make up 90% of total production and are used primarily for yeast breads and rolls.   The other 10% comprises various brands of packaged white and whole wheat flour. Including the Easy Bake, Purity and CariGold brands.

 

Our Flours are unbleached with calcium added and are enriched with vitamins and iron.  These formulations contribute to better nutrition and good health.

 

Our quest for quality does not end with quality flour. We maintain close contact with our customers throughout the Caribbean by providing technical support from our home-based laboratory, and maintaining a team of technical bakery consultants who pay regular visits to all bakeries. Our customers also benefit from our baking seminars held periodically in different islands.