The East Caribbean Group of Companies (ECGC) specializes in manufacturing flour, rice, animal feed, carbonated beverages and purified water. Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely. Possible measures shall be taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, customers, consumers, authorized visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring that we comply with all applicable local health, safety and environment laws and standards as far as possible.
Management will provide and maintain as far as is reasonably practicable:
• A safe working environment and safe systems of work
• All necessary equipment and facilities for the safety and welfare of workers
• Information, instruction, twining and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe front injury and risks to health
• A commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
• A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management. Each worker has an obligation to:
• Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
• Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
• Comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
• Not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
• Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
• Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
We seek the co-operation of all workers, sub-contractors, customers and visitors to our premises. This Policy applies to all ECGC personnel in the execution of all onsite and offsite business operations and Functions.
Policy authorized by
Mr. Osmond Davy
Chief Executive Officer
Date: 1st March 2016